At Skintique clinic we precede all of our treatments with a full consultation.
Your treatment will be carried out by a highly trained member of the Skintique Clinic team.
Your medical history will be taken followed by an examination of your skin concerns. You can discuss whether Plasma shower treatment is suitable for you and address your expectations from treatment. When the treatment has been fully explained you will be required to sign a consent form and a photograph will be taken for your records.
Following cleansing, your Plasma shower treatment will commence. The device is held over your skin and the plasma energy is applied to the treatment area. This allows the skin to contract while triggering your body’s unique healing process. The treatment is not painful, some patients experience a warm slightly tingling feeling.
Following treatment, a specialist serum may be applied. The serum of choice depends on the nature of your concern and the application of your treatment.
Your final results depend on your skin condition in the treatment area, your desired results, the general condition of your skin and healing capability, any pre-existing medical problems.
- Ageing and damaged skin
- Collagen remodelling
- Acne treatment
- Skin regeneration, lifting
- Wrinkle and sagging skin improvement
- Collage remodelling and elastin production
- Anti inflammatory and anti bacterial (kills 99.9% of all bacteria)
- Deep dermal skin delivery system, (TDDS – transdermal drug delivery system, via perforation) TDDS enables no needling mesotherapy and uptake of specific serums straight into the skin.
- Wound healing
- Stretch mark improvement
Are minimal if any. Treatment is not painful. Your skin will have an immediate glow.
It should not to be used if pregnant or breast feeding as we have no research to prove it is safe for your foetus or child.
Care must be taken if diagnosed with neurological or bleeding disorders, currently suffering with a skin infection or allergy or taking particular medication. Your specialist will be able to advise you further.
Please discuss any current medication with the doctor, especially if you are taking aspirin on Ibuprofen. Medication may need to be stopped before treatment.
Following plasma shower treatment do not apply any further products to your skin unless it is part of your treatment. The plasma shower opens channels in your skin which are normally closed. These channels have direct access to the inside of the skin and any unsuitable products applied can cause quite marked skin reactivity. The channels close between 6-12 hours after treatment. At this point you may continue your normal skincare routine or apply makeup.
- Apply a SPF 30+ sun screen. Recommended our range of AlumierMD SPF’s.
- Stay hydrated
- Avoid any further cosmetic procedures for until healed.
- Avoid wearing make up over the area until healed
- Avoid applying plasters or occlusive dressings over the treated areas.
- Avoid extreme temperatures (hot and cold) for a minimum of 7 days after treatment (no saunas, steam rooms, sun beds or sun exposure).
- Avoid touching treatment area without first cleaning hands (can use Clinicsept+)
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours
- Avoid Swimming for 48 hours
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours after treatment
If you have any concerns following treatment with Plasma shower please contact the team at Skintique clinic immediately.